Chiari Malformation is a rare condition sometimes apparent at birth where the cerebellum – the portion of the brain that controls body movement – protrudes into the spinal canal, keeping spinal fluid from the normal flow.
The following are the most common symptoms and treatments of Chiari
Malformation. However, individuals may experience symptoms differently.
- Headaches in the back in the head
- Weakness particularly in the hands
- Pain or numbness in the face, arms or legs
- Difficulty swallowing and dizziness
- Double vision & lack of coordination
- Ringing in the ears
The following are some available treatments of Chiari Malformation.
Please consult with your Hoag physician for a tailored care plan that
best suits your situation.
- Lifestyle Changes
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management