Clinical Research Studies at Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute
The Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart and Vascular Institute at Hoag is committed to supporting clinical research that complements our patient care initiatives.
Clinical Research at the Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart and Vascular Institute is supported by Hoag’s Institute for Research & Education (HIRE) and includes various industry-sponsored studies, which include both drug and medical devices. Major areas of focus include cardiac imaging studies, techniques for testing and programming implantable cardiac defibrillators/pacemakers and cardiac valve surgery.
Available Cardiovascular Clinical Trials:
- (103-19) Safety and Effectiveness Evaluation of the Multi-Electrode Radiofrequency Balloon Catheter for the Treatment of Symptomatic Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation (STELLAR)
- (Phase 3 clinical trial, appropriate for patients with atrial fibrillation.)
- (106-18) Same Day Discharge post Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- (Appropriate for patients that have undergone a post percutaneous coronary intervention.)
- (129-17) Evaluation of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Compared to Surveillance for Patients With Asymptomatic Severe Aortic Stenosis (EARLY TAVR)
- (Appropriate for patients with Aortic Stenosis or Heart Diseases)
- (153-17) Genetic Risks for Bicuspid Aortic Valve Disease
- (Appropriate for patients with Bicuspid Aortic Valve or Unicuspid Aortic Valve.)
- (154-17) Montalcino Aortic Consortium: Precision Medicine for Heritable Thoracic Aortic Disease
- (Appropriate for patients with thoracic aortic disease.)
- (169-19) The Society for Vascular Surgery Patient Safety Organization (SVS PSO) TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) Surveillance Project
- (170-19) Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD Registry)
- (Clinical research study, appropriate for patients with heart failure, nonischemic or ischemic cardiomyopathy, ventricular arrhythmia, or cardiac device complications.)
- (214-20) GUARD-AKI: Validation of AKI-Sapere in Cardiac Surgery Patients
- (Clinical research study, appropriate for patients with coronary artery disease.)
- Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion Registry (LAAO Registry)
- (Appropriate for patients with Atrial Fibrillation.)
To learn more about available clinical trials, please contact us.