Hoag Family Cancer Institute support groups provide mutual support and
information for cancer patients and their families. Groups are facilitated
by licensed clinical social workers and oncology nurses. Discussion is
focused on current issues faced by cancer patients and their support network.
There is no charge for the following groups.
Support groups are held in
Newport Beach and
Irvine. Please view our monthly calendars for location and times.
Hoag Family Cancer Institute offers the following support groups:
- Bereavement Support Group
- Brain Tumor Support Group
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Young Women's Breast Cancer Support Group
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Support Group
- Lung Cancer Support Group
- Lymphoma & Hematologic Cancer Support Group
- Oral, Head & Neck Cancer Support Group
- Pituitary Support Group
- Prostate Cancer Support Group
- Recurrent & Metastatic Support Group
- Peer Support Program
About the Peer Support Program
This special program provides special support on a one-to-one basis over
the phone. Patients and caregivers are matched with peer support mentors
according to criteria such as diagnosis, cancer stage, course of treatment,
age, gender or by preference of the person seeking support. Talking with
someone who has lived with cancer can be comforting and reduce the sense
of anxiety and isolation that a cancer diagnosis brings.
If you are a patient or caregiver looking to join this program, please
email [email protected], or call 949-722-6237.
With any questions, please call 949-7-CANCER (722-6237).