Patient & Visitor Parking
As of July 1, 2014, Hoag Hospital Newport Beach has implemented a new parking
program. This program only applies to Hoag Hospital's Newport Beach
campus and has not been implemented at Hoag Hospital Irvine or Hoag Orthopedic
Institute at this time. For directions or more information about those
facilities, please visit
Hoag Hospital Irvine or
Hoag Orthopedic Institute.
Hoag Hospital Newport Beach
Parking rates and information for Hoag Hospital Newport Beach are outlined
below. If you have any questions, please call Hoag Security at 949-764-1464.
Self-parking rates apply to the P1 Dolphin structure near the Sue &
Bill Gross Women's Pavilion and the top level of the P2 South Parking
structure near the Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute.
The first 30-minutes of self-parking is complimentary. The flat rate for
30 minutes to four hours is $5 and four hours to 24 hours is $8.
The maximum rate for self-parking is $24 for patients or visitors with
a length of stay greater than three days wherein the vehicle remains parked
for three days or greater.
0 – 29 minutes:
30 minutes – 4 hours:
4 hours – 24 hours:
* Maximum rate of $24
Select departments offer validation as follows:
- Fimiano Emergency Department and Obstetrics Emergency Department patients
with current armband or discharge papers receive a $3 discount for valet
- Breast Center outpatients, including mammography patients, receive complimentary
- Active participants in the Hoag Addiction Treatment Centers (HATC) program
& outpatients/alumni receive complimentary self-parking with validation.
- Fetal Diagnostic patients receive complimentary self-parking with validation.
- NICU parents receive complimentary self-parking.
- SOS patients receive complimentary self-parking.
Patients may either use self-parking or the Emergency Department valet,
which is open 24 hours a day. Emergency Department or Obstetrics Emergency
Department patients with a current armband or discharge papers receive
a $3 discount from posted self-parking and valet rates.
Patients and visitors who are at the hospital for a week or longer, or
who make frequent visits may wish to purchase a long-term self-parking
pass. The following passes are available:
Long-Term Self-Parking Passes
Seven day pass -
30 day pass -$80
Annual Pass -
Passes are available at the Sue & Bill Gross Women’s Pavilion
Registration Desk on Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 7 p.m., and
Saturday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Walk-up pay stations for self-parking are located in the following locations:
- Joan & Andy Fimiano Emergency Pavilion entrance
- Sue & Bill Gross Women's Pavilion entrance
- Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute entrance
Payments accepted at walk-up pay stations include cash, credit or debit
card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover). Change will be
available for cash payments.
Parking for Hospitalized Patients
If you are admitted to the hospital, you may park in the P1 Dolphin structure,
P2 South Parking structure or use valet parking. Standard self-parking
and valet rates apply. Validations are available for select departments
as outlined above.
Parking for Disabled Patients and Visitors
Parking stalls for patients and visitors with valid disabled parking placards
are located throughout Hoag.
Hoag Hospital Newport Beach offers valet parking for patients and visitors
in two convenient locations:
- Sue & Bill Gross Women's Pavilion: Open Monday – Friday,
7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Joan & Andy Fimiano Emergency Pavilion: Open 24 hours a day.
Valet service is a flat rate of $6 for up to four hours and $9 for four
hours to 24 hours.
Emergency Department and Obstetrics Emergency Department patients with
a current armband or discharge papers receive a $3 discount from posted
The maximum rate for valet is $27 for patients or visitors with a length
of stay greater than three days wherein the vehicle remains parked for
three days or greater.
Valet Parking Rates
0 minutes – 4 hours:
4 hours – 24 hours:
- * Maximum rate of $27
Flash Valet Program
Flash Valet is a system that manages valet retrieval requests and payments
through text messages (SMS). This system improves the overall parking
experience by reducing lines for valet services as well as the payment kiosks
Flash Valet is easy and can be done in the following steps:
1. Valet will provide the guest with a ticket upon arrival.
2. When ready to depart, the guest will text his/her ticket number to the
phone number provided on the valet ticket. Phone numbers are hidden at
all times from valet attendants to protect the privacy of anyone using
3. The guest will receive a text message with a link to pay with any credit/debit
card or PayPal account. The $3 ED and OB ED discount can be processed
through Flash Valet as well. All payments will be processed directly through
Hoag. Those guests preferring to pay cash or credit at the valet stand
still have the option to do so.
4. The valet will let the guest know when his/her car is ready through
a text message.
5. Valet guests have the option to do a 1 click customer experience survey
as well for real time feedback.
Download Hoag Hospital Newport Beach Parking Guide