Sun Family Campus Expansion at Hoag Irvine
Thanks to the largest gift in Hoag history, a $106 million gift from the late Audrey Steele Burnand, and a $50 million gift from philanthropists David and Diana Sun, Hoag is expanding its campus in Irvine, fulfilling South Orange County’s need for access to comprehensive, world-class care and bolstering Hoag’s emergence as a global destination for medical excellence and unparalleled service.
The expanded campus will include new state-of-the-art specialty care centers for surgical innovation, cancer, digestive and women’s health in addition to dedicated urgent care services for cancer patients. The expansion will bring six new buildings, 155 inpatient beds, eight operating rooms, two additional procedure rooms and 120,000 square feet of ambulatory facilities.
Central to Hoag’s expansion are also plans to blend high-tech and high-touch features, including wellness and health-enhancing indoor and outdoor spaces, meditation gardens and seamless, patient-focused experiences from arrival to patient rooms and every step in between.
As Hoag continues to embark on a transformative expansion of the Sun Family Campus at Hoag Irvine, we would like to inform all patients of the following details to be aware of.
Current Main Hospital Entrance to Close and Relocate Next to Entry Near 16300 Sand Canyon Avenue Medical Office Building Beginning October 2
Beginning Monday, October 2, the current main hospital entrance will close and be relocated to the west side of campus, next to the 16300 Sand Canyon Avenue Medical Office Building. This is necessary in order to facilitate the construction of the new north campus and site upgrades on the current front entry of the hospital building.
Patients and Visitors:
- All patients (including Fudge Family Birthing Suites), visitors, vendors, and couriers will come through the new main entrance.
- The Security Dispatch Office, Medical Records and Cashier’s Office for Hoag Hospital Irvine and Hoag Orthopedic Institute will be moving to the first floor of 16300 Sand Canyon Avenue Medical Office Building, suite 106.
- Cardiology, Radiology, Surgery and HOI patients will check-in at the new main registration desk located near the HOI elevators.
- Fudge Family Birthing Suite patients will check-in at the desk closest to the HHI elevators.
- External and internal wayfinding will be installed prior to October 2 to assist patients and visitors.
- Parking & Valet
- All Emergency Department (ED) patients and visitors are encouraged to use the complimentary valet services; however, they can also be directed to park in the first floor reserved stalls of the P1 East Parking Structure. ED Valet Services are available 24/7.
- All other patients and visitors will be encouraged to enter through the Alton Parkway entrances and park in the P2 West Parking Structure.
- Concierge services will be available in and around the East and West parking structures beginning October 2 to assist with wayfinding and general questions about parking. Security and Administration will reassess our need to continue with these services in mid-October.
- Complimentary valet services will be available at the roundabout directly in front of the new entrance next to the Medical Office Building. Valet services will be available Monday – Friday, 5 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Patients and visitors who arrive after 5:15 p.m. may call security at 949-517-3222 if they need assistance.
Downloadable Maps of Hoag Hospital Irvine: