What to pack in your hospital bag?
Packing your hospital bag is an exciting and important part of preparing for your labor and delivery. Use the below information as a helpful start to organizing your bag, so you are ready for your hospital stay and baby’s arrival.
- Medical insurance card
- List of medications and allergies
- Any forms or paperwork your physician requested that you bring with you
- Birth plan and any comfort items you may have as part of your plan
- Cell phone and charger
- Clothing to go home in
- Comfortable footwear
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Your favorite hair and facial products
- Small speaker/headphones
- Reusable water bottle
- Mask when entering the hospital
- Colored pillowcase if bringing a personal pillow
- Outfit and receiving blanket to go home in
- Car seat (installed in vehicle)
- Extra clothing, mask, cash and other personal items they may need during your stay.
What is provided?
- While in the hospital, you will be provided with a gown, necessary medications and hygiene/comfort supplies.
- While in the hospital, Hoag will provide your baby with diapers, wipes, blankets and a t-shirt. If you choose to feed your baby formula, we will provide enough formula to feed your baby while in the hospital.