In an effort to provide the absolute highest standard of care to our patients, the Sue & Bill Gross Women’s Pavilion at Hoag Hospital Newport Beach is pleased to offer our patients an OB Hospitalist program through Obstetrix Medical Group. This program provides hospital-based, OB/GYN physicians (hospitalists) on-site at Hoag 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. These highly-skilled, Board Certified OB/GYNs will provide consistent care to patients in the hospital, as well as emergent care to those arriving in Labor and Delivery.
Hoag is offering these services to elevate the standard of women’s healthcare by ensuring every expectant mother is evaluated and treated by a physician regardless of time, location, complication or circumstance.
Program Advantages… to You, the Patient
OB/GYN Physician Availability
- An OB Emergency Department (OB-ED) is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and continuously staffed by Board Certified OB/GYN physicians (hospitalists).
- Board Certified, OB/GYN physicians hospitalists are immediately available on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- In the event that your physician is not available, Hoag OB Hospitalists can examine, evaluate the progress of your labor, review test results and fetal heart rate tracings. They will address any evolving or high-risk concerns and provide you and your baby with a safe delivery.
- Due to their primary focus of hospital-based treatment, hospitalists are experts at providing emergent care, and are on-site if an emergency occurs.
- Hospitalists will be in communication with your physician and will have access to your medical records.
- If your physician is unavailable or delayed in reaching the hospital, you can rest assured that the experienced OB Hospitalists can provide medical expertise and optimal patient care. They will answer any questions you or your family may have.
- Hoag OB Hospitalists are highly skilled in a variety of different delivery techniques.
- In addition to being board certified, the OB hospitalists at Hoag are required to maintain high levels of clinical performance and professional standards.
- The OB Hospitalists place a high value on maintaining communication with other professionals within the hospital including your physician, medical and surgical consultants, discharge planners, social workers, clergy and others.
- The OB Hospitalists can expedite care for you and can easily facilitate connections with providers of home health care, skilled nursing, specialized rehabilitation and others.
- Being hospital-based, the OB Hospitalists will always be on-site to visit you, to monitor progress, or to discuss your questions/concerns or those of your family members.
The Best for You and Your Baby
We want the very best care for you and your baby. Your physician will make sure the OB Hospitalist on-site has your complete medical records. The OB Hospitalist caring for you in your doctor’s absence will deliver a complete treatment report to your doctor so your continued treatment is thorough and consistent. Hoag is committed to providing excellent patient care and delivering the best outcome possible with every patient encounter.