In an effort to provide the absolute highest standard of care to our patients,
Hoag is pleased to offer our patients an OB Hospitalist program through
Obstetrix Medical Group. This program provides hospital-based, OB/GYN
physicians (hospitalists) on-site at Hoag 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
These highly-skilled, Board Certified OB/GYNs will provide consistent
care to patients in the hospital, as well as emergent care to those arriving
in Labor and Delivery.
Hoag is offering these services to elevate the standard of women’s
healthcare by ensuring every expectant mother is evaluated and treated
by a physician regardless of time, location, complication or circumstance.
Program Advantages… to You, the Patient
OB/GYN Physician Availability
- An OB Emergency Department (OB-ED) is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
and continuously staffed by Board Certified OB/GYN physicians (hospitalists).
- Board Certified, OB/GYN physicians hospitalists are immediately available
on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
In the event that your physician is not available, Hoag OB Hospitalists
can examine, evaluate the progress of your labor, review test results
and fetal heart rate tracings. They will address any evolving or
high-risk concerns and provide you and your baby with a safe delivery.
- Due to their primary focus of hospital-based treatment, hospitalists are
experts at providing emergent care, and are on-site if an emergency occurs.
- Hospitalists will be in communication with your physician and will have
access to your medical records.
- If your physician is unavailable or delayed in reaching the hospital, you
can rest assured that the experienced OB Hospitalists can provide medical
expertise and optimal patient care. They will answer any questions you
or your family may have.
- Hoag OB Hospitalists are highly skilled in a variety of different delivery
- In addition to being board certified, the OB hospitalists at Hoag are required
to maintain high levels of clinical performance and professional standards.
- The OB Hospitalists place a high value on maintaining communication with
other professionals within the hospital including your physician, medical
and surgical consultants, discharge planners, social workers, clergy and others.
- The OB Hospitalists can expedite care for you and can easily facilitate
connections with providers of home health care, skilled nursing, specialized
rehabilitation and others.
- Being hospital-based, the OB Hospitalists will always be on-site to visit
you, to monitor progress, or to discuss your questions/concerns or those
of your family members.
The Best for You and Your Baby
We want the very best care for you and your baby. Your physician will make
sure the OB Hospitalist on-site has your complete medical records. The
OB Hospitalist caring for you in your doctor’s absence will deliver
a complete treatment report to your doctor so your continued treatment
is thorough and consistent. Hoag is committed to providing
excellent patient care and delivering the best outcome possible with every patient encounter.