Maternal Mental Health Program
Need to Contact Us?
Hoag Maternal Mental Health Program
The Hoag Maternal Mental Health Program
The Hoag Maternal Mental Health Program is dedicated to helping women experiencing mental health conditions before, during and after pregnancy. A collaboration between Pickup Family Neurosciences Institute and Women’s Health Institute, our goal is to ensure healthy outcomes for both mothers and babies.
Our Mission and Services
We focus on four core principles—universal screening for maternal depression, connection to support services, early intervention and treatment, and community education.
Our program includes an outpatient clinic where expectant and new moms with various mental health conditions can meet with a psychiatrist, licensed marriage and family therapist or a licensed clinical social worker to receive the care they need or be connected to local resources. Additionally, we offer the following services:
- Pre-conception planning (women with existing mental health conditions or who are already taking medications and are planning to conceive)
- Mental health assessment during pregnancy and postpartum
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Medication safety evaluation during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Pharmacogenomics testing
- Connection to local support services
- Virtual Beyond the Birth Plan Class (designed for pregnant women)
The program includes an outpatient clinic for women who are currently pregnant, postpartum (up to one year) and women who are planning to conceive and desire a pre-conception medication safety evaluation; support groups for postpartum moms; as well as a support line that is open to the community.
We are here for you
Everyone needs help at different times in life, so don’t hesitate to reach out to your care team at Hoag. We’ll help find fast answers to your questions before, during, and after your treatment.