Mindfulness Class for NICU Parents and Families
Through the practice of mindfulness and self-compassion parents and families with babies currently in the NICU, or recently discharged from the hospital, will gain skills to:
- take mindful pauses
- anchor in their breath
- broaden and open their awareness
- direct attention
- become more in tune with their body and its essential needs for rest and joy
- offer compassion to oneself, their partners and babies
- feel empowered through self-awareness and self-acceptance
Nurturing the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion establishes a strong foundation for mindful parenting, joy, and resilience – the ability to overcome adversity and gain more assets and lifelong inner resources for hardiness and happiness.
- When: Tuesdays, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Where: NICU Parent Lounge, 6 East, Women’s Health Institute, Main Hospital, Newport Beach
Meet our Facilitator
Nandini Narayanan, LCSW
Integrative Wellness Social Worker
Nandini has been firmly rooted in the field of emotional, psychological, spiritual and physical health as a licensed clinical social worker trained in medical social work for the past 20 years. Social work, mind-body medicine and yoga philosophy are intricately interwoven together in her approach to helping her patients and clients. Nandini knows personally that this approach has made her not only a more balanced person and healthcare practitioner, but also an empowered and resilient NICU graduate parent of a “25-weeker”, who is now a miraculous 11 year old boy!