What is the average length of stay?
Length of stay varies depending on your diagnosis. Our clinical team works with you to determine an estimate based on your plan of care. Average length of stay will range from 12 – 14 days.
Do I need a referral to be admitted?
A referral is required to be eligible for admission to the FFARC. Anyone can refer a patient to the FFARC, including acute care hospitals, home care agencies, skilled nursing facilities, long term hospitals, community physicians, emergency rooms and families. Contact our Admissions Liaison at 949-764-3947 for more information.
What is the admission process?
Following a thorough assessment, our team discusses your medical status and works with you to create a customized, treatment plan based on your short-term and long-term goals. A detailed and comprehensive review of each patient’s condition and medical history is performed by our licensed Admissions Liaison and Medical Director, to determine if the patient is an appropriate candidate for acute inpatient rehabilitation. The clinical team will evaluate whether or not the patient can tolerate and benefit from an intensive rehabilitation program. Insurance verification and authorization required prior to admission.
What are the criteria for admission?
- Medically stable
- Require at least two therapies, one of which must be physical or occupational
- Able to actively participate and benefit from 3 hours of therapy per day at least 5 days a week OR 15 hours of intensive therapy within a 7 day, consecutive period
- Demonstrate measurable improvements throughout the rehabilitation program
- Be 18+ years of age. Patients under the age of 18 may be accepted on a case-by-case basis
What should I bring for my stay?
- Tennis or workout appropriate shoes with interchangeable laces
- Comfortable clothing you can move around in
- Personal care items
Shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste will be provided.
Where is the center located?
The Fudge Family Acute Rehabilitation Center is located in Hoag Hospital Newport Beach, 3 West.