Utilizing Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, our experts help young adults take on day to day stresses and pitfalls with effective coping strategies. By working in a group setting, participants will be able to build relationship skills, which can improve effectiveness in school, work, and interpersonal situations.
With the help of our experienced interdisciplinary treatment team, participants will learn to navigate the challenges of this transitional stage by:
- Improving their sense of self and incorporating strategies related to emotional regulation and distress tolerance
- Learning and applying effective coping skills to their day to day lives
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships with not only themselves but with family members, friends and the community
- Helping them build their own identity
They will learn these skills while linking them to situations and hurdles relevant to their stage of life.
- The group counseling will focus on:
- Values and identity formation
- Life skills
- Cognitive restructuring
- Coping strategies
- Goal creation
- Healthy relationships and boundaries
- Psychiatric and medication consultations are available as adjunct services.