Adolescent Mental Health Program
Need to Contact Us?
Hoag Adolescent Mental Health Program
How to Build Healthy Relationships
Led by a team of experts, this accredited treatment program equips young adults ages 18 to 26 with tools to learn coping strategies and how to build healthy relationships. In a supportive, in-person, small group setting, participants will meet three days a week for eight consecutive weeks.
Just like physical health, the sooner a mental health or emotional concern is identified and addressed, the better the outcome.
Utilizing Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, our experts help young adults to better take on day to day stresses and pitfalls that are common in their current stage of life. By working in a group setting, participants will be able to build relationship skills, which can improve effectiveness in school, work, and interpersonal situations.
With the help of our experienced interdisciplinary treatment team, participants will learn to navigate the challenges of this transitional stage by:
- Improving their sense of self and incorporating strategies related to emotional regulation and distress tolerance
- Learning and applying effective coping skills to their day to day lives
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships with not only themselves but with family members, friends and the community
- Helping them build their own identity
They will learn these skills while linking them to situations and hurdles relevant to their stage of life. The group counseling will focus on:
- Values and identity formation
- Life skills
- Cognitive restructuring
- Coping strategies
- Goal creation
- Healthy relationships and boundaries
Meet the Team
The skilled, multidisciplinary therapists and counselors are dedicated to the treatment program for adolescents with primary mental health disorders.
We are here for you
Everyone needs help at different times in life, so don’t hesitate to reach out to your care team at Hoag. We’ll help find fast answers to your questions before, during, and after your treatment.