The Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute (JMCHVI) is one of the preeminent cardiovascular centers on the West Coast and
is well respected for delivering the highest level of quality cardiac
care. JMCHVI is a recognized leader in cardiovascular medicine offering
the most advanced and pioneering surgical techniques including minimally
invasive heart surgery, intraoperative ablation for treatment of arrhythmia,
beating heart surgery, and heart bypass.
Fulfilling it's vision, Hoag's Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular
Institute is pleased to provide the most state-of-the-art cardiac care
facilities and services to the community, under one roof.
The Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute includes:
Five catheterization labs, including the
Allan & Sandy Fainbarg Electrophysiology Cath Lab Suite, the first of it's kind in Orange County.
- 13 bed pre- and post-Cath Lab Procedure Unit
Three cardiovascular operating rooms, including the
Bob & Marjie Bennett Hybrid Cardiovascular Surgical Suite, which is utilized during the revolutionary non-surgical
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure. Hoag is the first and only Center in Orange County to offer TAVR.
- 14 bed pre- and post-Procedure Area
The Nancy & Bill Thompson Center for Cardiovascular Care, featuring
cardiac outpatient services including theNancy & Bill Thompson Heart Valve Center, Arrhythmia Clinic, Congestive Heart Failure Clinic and non-invasive cardiovascular
- A comfortable and spacious Robert & Ann McLean South Entrance Lobby
that provides a single entry point for cardiac patients and visitors,
central registration and check-in counter, and a convenient patient tracking
electonic board, to provide up to the minute updates on the status of
your loved one.
- A 625-square-foot conference room for physician/family meetings; made possible
by a donation from Ronnie and Byron Allumbaugh. The new conference room
features a 10’ x 6’ monitor display with live feed interactive
video conference capability.
- Custom monuments and a dedicated wall to community members who have donated
to Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute over the years
Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute Achievements & Accolades:
- Was placed in the highest category for quality cardiac surgery by the Society
of Thoracic Surgeons, a rating achieved by only 10 percent of hospitals
- Ranked one of the 100 Best Hospitals in America for Cardiac Surgery for
2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- Has been the recipient of the Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award for 4 years
in a row (2011-2013)
- Ranked #9 in California for Cardiac Surgery in 2013
- Ranked a Five-Star Recipient for Valve Surgery for 8 years in a row (2006-2013)
To learn more, or with questions, please call 949-764-5871.
Schedule an appointment.
Click here to read about Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR),
a revolutionary non-open heart procedure to treat aortic stenosis.
Click here to view a slideshow of the
facility and technology