From our leading-edge Molecular Therapy and Imaging Program and groundbreaking work in genomic medicine, to our advanced clinical trials and innovative technology, and dermatologic surgery, as part of Hoag’s Melanoma Program, Hoag strives to make cancer more preventable, treatable and beatable for patients.
“Our patients drive us to seek out the most advanced therapies and technologies, to think way beyond what is standard of care now and to be the first to implement the treatments that will be standard of care tomorrow,” said Burton L. Eisenberg, M.D., Grace E. Hoag Executive Medical Director Endowed Chair, Hoag Family Cancer Institute.
Hoag’s commitment to bringing together some of the brightest minds to lead pioneering research in the prevention and treatment of cancer is attracting many nationally renowned physician scientists including:
- Robert M. Carroll, M.D., provides hematology and medical oncology care at Hoag Family Cancer in Newport Beach.
- Michael J. Demeure, M.D., Otis Healy Family Endowed Chair in Applied Genomics and director of Hoag Precision Medicine Program.
- Chaitali Nangia, M.D., director of breast care research and co-director of Natural Killer (NK) cellular therapy research.
- Tara Seery, M.D., co-director of NK Cell therapy research whose work in hepatobiliary cancers such as pancreatic, liver and bile duct is changing patients’ lives every day.
- Gary Ulaner, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.N.M., James & Pamela Muzzy Endowed Chair in Molecular Imaging and Therapy and the director of molecular imaging and therapy, a leading expert in bringing cancer treatments and diagnostics down to the molecular level.
- Thomas Wang, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S., a leading researcher and nationally recognized author, who is the director of the Melanoma Program.
- Steven Q. Wang, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon from Memorial Sloan-Kettering, who is the director of dermatologic oncology within Hoag Family Cancer Institute.
Hoag Family Cancer Institute guides every aspect of a patient’s journey, from appointments with specialists, to dieticians, physical and occupational therapists, mental health professionals, social workers and other resources.
“At Hoag, we provide care based on the most up-to-date science with the innovative, personalized and compassionate approach for which Hoag is known,” Dr. Demeure said.
A dedicated clinical nurse navigator will support each patient with resources, connections to providers, and most importantly, help make them feel like themselves again.
With two cancer center locations in Newport Beach and Irvine, and an oncology office in Huntington Beach, Hoag’s care is not just comprehensive, it’s convenient. Because in everything we do, we’re here for you.
Hoag Family Cancer Institute. World-class cancer treatment. Right here in Orange County.
To learn more about the Hoag Family Cancer Institute, visit hoag.org/cancer.