Parking Lot Safety
Cars are big and kids are small. Hold hands with your children in the parking lot to keep them safe from distracted drivers.
The parking lot at the beach can be chaotic. As drivers try to find a parking place, they may not see you or your children. Be extremely careful, especially when walking between cars with kids. Follow these lifeguard tips to avoid an accident in the parking lot:
- Never play near parked cars.
- Be aware. Always look around for moving cars
- Small children should hold an adult’s hand at all times.
- Always walk in the parking lot, do not run!
- Secure your vehicle and your belongings: remember to always lock your car!
- Always wear shoes! The ground can be hot, and there are rocks, broken glass, and other debris that could hurt your feet.