Bike Path Safety
The boardwalk is like the street – always be aware of your surroundings!
The board walk is a great place to walk or ride but can be dangerous if you don’t pay attention. Follow these simple tips to keep yourself and your family safe:
- Keep the boardwalk clear. Do not stop or block the path and avoid walking in big groups that take up space!
- The boardwalk is a road – stop and look both ways before crossing.
- Always supervise children near the boardwalk and hold hands when crossing.
While riding a bike, skateboard, or scooter:
- Always respect the speed limit, and slow down when passing walkers.
- Always wear a well-fitting helmet.
- Never drink alcohol.
- Dismount and walk your bike through crowded areas on the bike path.
- Do not use electric powered bikes/vehicles on the beach bike path.