Palliative Care Services at Hoag
The Palliative Care Team at Hoag is comprized of specialized clinicians dedicated to working alongside your physicians, to maximize quality of life when faced with a serious illness. Our expertise in complex pain and symptom management, communication
and care coordination, will help support your treatment plan and goals of care.
A consultation by the Palliative Care team can assist with:
- Manage complex pain or symptom issues
- Improve your ability to tolerate treatments
- Cope with the life impact and life adjustments related to your illness
- Answer questions about resources available to you in the community that are consistent with your treatment goals
- Complete advance care plans such as an Advance Directive or Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment
- Speak with your family about treatment decisions, plans and goals
To initiate an inpatient consultation, please ask your physician to request a consult from the CARES Team.
Outpatient services are initiated by phone. A palliative care team member will assess the individual’s pain, symptoms or psychosocial state and then help to coordinate services accordingly. To initiate a consultation, contact the Palliative Care Program at 949-764-8585.
Palliative Care services are available at both: