Support & Resources
At Hoag, we offer a variety of support services led by a caring clinical and social work team.
Cancer Support Services
Cancer Support Services offers a variety of classes to support and educate patients during and after cancer. These classes and workshops are all free of charge:
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Support Group – Designed to meet the educational and emotional needs of gastrointestinal cancer patients and their families. The group meets the fourth Thursday of each month from 2-3:30 p.m. in the Hoag Cancer Center Conference Room A.
- One-On-One Counseling with an oncology social worker
- Fitter Image Exercise Programs, including yoga, pilates and energizing cardio and toning
- Workshops for Well-Being, including free flow writing, meditation, reiki and creative art classes
Other Support Programs/Teams include:
- CARES Program – For patients experiencing high pain or symptom burden during treatment, the Hoag CARES Team can help. Board-certified Palliative Care physicians, nurses and social workers are available to help manage physical and emotional symptoms alongside your cancer care team.
- Oncology Dietitians – Hoag Family Cancer Institute provides two dedicated Registered Dietitians who are available to advise patients on nutrition and provide resources for a healthier diet before, during and after cancer treatment.
- Hereditary Cancer Program – Hoag offers both genetic counseling and genetic testing for individuals concerned about hereditary cancer.
- Spiritual Care – provides spiritual support & counseling services to patients, families, and the community.