Our Billing Policies
- Know your insurance plan’s provisions and requirements. Be sure to
read your benefits handbook and question your insurance company on any
areas that are unclear.
- Please call your insurance company for authorization of hospital services
if it is a plan requirement. If authorization is not obtained in the timeframe
your policy dictates, you may be heavily penalized, or services may be
denied by your carrier.
- Hoag will bill both your primary and secondary insurance plans.
- With verified eligibility and receipt of any outstanding monthly share
of cost, Hoag will bill Medi-Cal or CalOptima/MSN for authorized services.
- Once insurance payment(s) or denial(s) have been received, you will be
billed for any deductible, co-insurance, co-pay or non-covered amounts.
- Those patients with no insurance coverage will be expected to make payment
at the time services are rendered.
- Price quotes for services are estimates only. Your bill will indicate services
as ordered by your physician.
- Itemized statements are available upon request.
- Medi-Cal and Medical Safety Net (MSN) representatives are available for
those patients needing information regarding financial assistance programs.
A Hoag Hospital representative can be reached at 949-764-5564.
- Deposits - If you have acceptable verified medical benefits, no deposit
is required for most procedures. Please bring your insurance card and/or
insurance form at time of registration. Otherwise, the hospital will require
a deposit. The hospital accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American
Express. Deductibles, co-insurance & co-pays will be collected at
time of service.
- Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to provide you with estimates of charges for
upcoming surgical procedures as well as most deposit requirements.
Newport Beach: 949-764-8271
The patient accounting staff is available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.–
4:30 p.m. (except holidays) to provide customer service to our patients
regarding services at Hoag Hospital. Please call 949-764-8400.