Hoag Social Media Code of Conduct
Last Revised April 15, 2013
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (“Hoag”) encourages engagement
and open discussion on our various social media sites. We look forward
to interacting with you on these platforms. Our official Social Media
We want our social media communities to be a fun place to interact with
other fans, share stories, and promote activities and events that are
happening at Hoag. Your participation indicates that you agree to the
purpose of this community and will follow our guidelines. Hoag does not
represent or warrant the accuracy of any statements or claims made here,
nor endorses any opinions expressed within this section.
Your Rights and Responsibilities:
- Do not use the Social Media Sites for medical advice or medical commentary.
- Keep all comments clean and do not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten
or violate the privacy of others.
- Do not aggregate, copy, duplicate, publish, or make available content to
third parties without permission.
- Do not use the Social Media Sites for commercial purposes or to solicit
products, services or fundraising activities, or harvest emails or contact
information from others.
- Do not violate the law or encourage illegal activities.
- Do not impersonate any other person or misrepresent who you are or your
- Respect our intellectual property and those of our partners. Do not upload
or download content protected by copyright or other intellectual property
laws unless you own the content or have permission from the owner.
- You are solely responsible for any liability, loss or damage that results
from content submitted by you or through your account.
- You recognize that all online submissions may be viewed by the public.
- By submitting content to our Social Media Sites, you represent and covenant
that your submission is true, your own original work, and does not infringe
another’s rights, or that you have any needed licenses, permissions
or releases from any third parties.
- By submitting content to our Social Media Sites, you grant Hoag a non-exclusive,
transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license
to use the content you submit in any manner.
Provide feedback or ask questions anytime at
The opinions and views expressed by individuals posting on the Hoag Social
Media Sites are not necessarily those of Hoag, its officers, employees,
affiliates, medical staff or members of its board of directors.
Hoag may not actively monitor or edit content submitted by users, but
we reserve the right to remove any inappropriate, disruptive, profane
or offensive comments, pictures or any other material, or to response
to posts in our sole discretion.
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
One Hoag Drive
P.O. Box 6100
Newport Beach, CA 92658-6100
Phone: 949-764-HOAG (4624)
If you have questions, comments or concerns, please e-mail us at: