Classes & Groups
Date: Select Tuesdays, please contact the center for more information.
Time: 9:30 – 11 a.m.
Free Developmental Screening Opportunity: Play and Learn With Your Child
Date: By appointment only.
Detail: CMFRC and Help Me Grow are working together to help you screen your child’s development. ASQ-3 is a set of questionnaires about children’s development, ages 1 month to 5 1/2 years. The questionnaire evaluates your child’s development in areas such as speech, physical ability, social skills and problem-solving skills.
UCLA’s Family Overcoming Under Stress (FOCUS) resiliency Program
- In six to eight weeks, you will gain concrete skills to improve communication, manage difficulties emotions, increase problem solving, and strengthen relationships.
- We offer short term therapy for children and families. We can also help you connect with support services in your area. You’ll be able to talk through your particular challenge with a professional in a confidential setting.
- For more information or to make an appointment 714-953-4455 X 661
Youth Advisory Council (English)
Date: Select Wednesdays
Time: 6 – 7:15 p.m.
Detail: Are you interested in making a difference in your community? The Costa Mesa Family Resource Center is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated teens to join the Youth Advisory Council. Members will advise the facilitators on concerns and interests of youth and teens in the Costa Mesa Community. YAC members will assist in planning special events, participating in safe date workshops, earning service hours and much more!
- Currently attending high school
- Attend meetings once a month
- Attend Safe Date workshops(provided by the Family Resource Center)
- Report and Advise facilitators on youth-relate concerns
For more information & to RSVP please contact Melissa Garcia at (949) 764-8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Health & Social Service Assistance
Date: Wednesdays by appointment only, Please call 949-764-8100 ext 53694 for more information.
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Detail: Assistance with applying for the following health insurance and social service programs: Medi-Cal for Children and Pregnant Women, Medi-Cal for Adults, California Kids, CalFresh, CalWORKs, Kaiser Child Plan.