Newport Beach's Hoag Breast Center was recently recognized as a “Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence,” and is encouraging the community to be proactive during Breast Cancer Awareness Month by partaking in local events, the hospital announced Wednesday.
Hoag Breast Center's recognition was made by the National Quality Measures for Breast Center Program, an internet tool that tracks and measures quality performances at breast centers.
“Hoag Breast Center is one of only 43 breast centers nationwide to be named a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence,” Dr. Gary M. Levine, director of Breast Imaging at Hoag Breast Center, said. “This is the highest level of quality accreditation attainable through the NQMBC and this designation points to our focus on quality driven, patient centric care at Hoag Breast Center.”
Ways to Get Involved for Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- Make your annual screening appointment online at hoag.org/breast2 or by calling 800-309-9729.
- Attend a free community education class in the Breast Cancer Education Series. To registration call 800-400-HOAG (4624) or go online to hoag.org/fall-classes.
- Visit one of 13 participating Panera Bread cafés and purchase their special Pink Ribbon Bagel. A portion of the proceeds from these bagels goes to Hoag Breast Center all month, and on Friday, Oct. 18th 100 percent of Pink Ribbon Bagel proceeds will be donated.
- Stop by one of seven Mother’s Market & Kitchen locations for a healthy Pretty in Pink Juice. A portion of the proceeds goes to Hoag Breast Center throughout October.
- Enjoy a Pink Cure Margarita or Virgin Strawberry Margarita with dinner at one of 10 Avila El Ranchito locations. A portion of the October proceeds goes to Hoag Breast Center.
Officials said Hoag is the only Certified Breast Center of Excellence in Orange County offering a multidisciplinary approach that includes prevention, early detection, advanced breast-conserving surgical techniques and new therapies.