Hoag’s state-of-the-art diagnostic services give patients convenient
access to a full spectrum of technologies that enable doctors to pinpoint
the nature and extent of the disease - and the best treatment plan for
each individual patient.
Hoag’s sophisticated imaging technology and expert radiologists provide
an essential component of service. Detailed images of the tumor site,
contours and dimensions help physicians determine an accurate diagnosis
and develop an effective treatment plan.
Hoag offers leading-edge, minimally invasive technology that allows physicians
to evaluate the presence of cancer, which has spread beyond the original
site. Some of the advanced imaging techniques at Hoag include:
MRI/Ultrasound fusion-guided biopsy - Hoag offers the latest targeted MRI/US fusion biopsy system, a new paradigm
in prostate care. We utilize the state of the art UroNav Fusion Biopsy
System which fuses the high resolution pre-biopsy MRI images of the prostate
gland with the ultrasound guided images in real time. This technology
provides ability to accurately and safely biopsy tumor suspicious lesions
identified on the MRI under ultrasound guidance.
- Endorectal ultrasound and endorectal ultrasound guided prostate biopsy
- Technetium bone scans
- Indium In 111 capromab pendetide labeled antibody scan (Prostascint)
- Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) with the highest resolution
images for localizing and staging tumor
- PET Scanning (Positron Emission Tomography) with CT/PET fusion capability
- Computerized tomographic (CT) scanning, including spiral CT