Support & Resources
At Hoag, we offer a variety of support services led by a caring clinical and social work team.
Melanoma Clinical Nurse Navigator – Ann Marie Williams, B.S.N., R.N., O.C.N.
Clinical Nurse Navigators are a unique asset at Hoag. As a Clinical Nurse Navigator for Hoag’s Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Program, Ann Marie serves as a guide for patients, answering questions and providing support through each phase of treatment.
As the Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Clinical Nurse Navigator, Ann Marie provides:
- Emotional support and guidance for the newly diagnosed melanoma/advanced skin cancer patient and family
- Education for patients and family members about melanoma/advanced skin cancer
- Information about community resources and Hoag support services
- Help in coordinating the patient’s multidisciplinary care plan
- Assistance in navigating the healthcare system during and after treatment
Oncology Support Services
Oncology Support Services offers a variety of classes to support and educate patients during and after cancer. These classes and workshops are all free of charge:
- One-On-One Counseling with an oncology social worker
- Fitter Image Exercise Programs, including yoga, pilates and energizing cardio and toning
- Workshops for Well-Being, including free flow writing, meditation, reiki and creative art classes
Other Support Programs/Teams include:
- CARES Program – The Hoag CARES Team is here to provide an extra layer of support to patients and families facing the challenges of serious illness to minimize suffering and improve quality of life through services such as symptom management, emotional support, and advance care planning.
- Cancer Dietitians – Special to Hoag Family Cancer Institute are two dedicated Registered Dietitians available to answer your nutritional questions and provide resources for a healthier diet before, during and after cancer treatment.
- Pastoral Care – provides spiritual support & counseling services to patients, families, and the community.
- Genetic Counseling – Hoag Family Cancer Institute offers genetic counseling and testing through is Hoag Hereditary Cancer Program. Contact us to see if this service is right for you or your family.
To contact Hoag’s Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Program, please call 877-494-3484.