Support & Resources
At Hoag, we offer a variety of support services led by a caring clinical
and social work team.
Melanoma Clinical Nurse Navigator – Rhonda Hjelm, M.S.N., R.N., O.C.N.
Clinical Nurse Navigators are a unique asset at Hoag. As a Clinical Nurse
Navigator for Hoag’s Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Program, Rhonda
serves as a guide for patients, answering questions and providing support
through each phase of treatment.
As the Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Clinical Nurse Navigator, Rhonda provides:
- Emotional support and guidance for the newly diagnosed melanoma/advanced
skin cancer patient and family
- Education for patients and family members about melanoma/advanced skin cancer
- Information about community resources and Hoag support services
- Help in coordinating the patient’s multidisciplinary care plan
- Assistance in navigating the healthcare system during and after treatment
New Patient Packet
Download and complete the
New Patient Packet prior to your initial office visit at the Hoag Melanoma/Advanced Skin
Cancer Program Clinic. We encourage you to email your completed New Patient
Packet back to
[email protected], prior to your visit. With any questions, call 877-494-3484.
Oncology Support Services offers a variety of classes to support and educate
patients during and after cancer. These classes and workshops are all
free of charge:
- One-On-One Counseling with an oncology social worker
- Fitter Image Exercise Programs, including yoga, pilates and energizing
cardio and toning
- Workshops for Well-Being, including free flow writing, meditation, reiki
and creative art classes
Other Support Programs/Teams include:
CARES Program - The Hoag CARES Team is here to provide an extra layer of support to
patients and families facing the challenges of serious illness to minimize
suffering and improve quality of life through services such as symptom
management, emotional support and advance care planning.
Cancer Dietitians - Special to Hoag Family Cancer Institute are two dedicated Registered
Dietitians available to answer your nutritional questions and provide
resources for a healthier diet before, during and after cancer treatment.
Pastoral Care - provides spiritual support & counseling services to patients, families,
and the community.
Genetic Counseling – Hoag Family Cancer Institute offers genetic counseling and testing
through is Hoag Hereditary Cancer Program. Contact us to see if this service
is right for you or your family.
To contact Hoag’s Melanoma/Advanced Skin Cancer Program, please