Lung Cancer Diagnostics
Hoag’s state-of-the-art diagnostic services provide patients with convenient access to the full spectrum of innovative technologies. This enables physicians to pinpoint the nature and extent of lung disease, as well as determine the best treatment plan for each individual patient.
Hoag’s sophisticated imaging technology combined with the expertise of highly-trained radiologists not only helps Hoag cancer specialists to achieve an accurate lung cancer diagnosis and highly effective personalized treatment plans, but also helps to determine the presence of cancer that may have spread beyond the original site for optimal treatment planning.
In fact, Hoag’s state-of-the-art lung cancer diagnosis and progressive treatment options enable Hoag patients to achieve some of the best clinical outcomes and the highest survival rates in the nation.
Hoag’s advanced imaging technologies include:
- Lung Cancer Screening Program
- Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy – allows physicians to view the airways and obtain samples of mucus or tissue from the lungs via a thin tube-like instrument inserted through the nose or mouth and guided down into the lungs.
- Computerized Tomogrophic – scanning, including spiral
- PET Scanning (Positron Emission Tomography) - with CT/PET fusion capability
- Bone Scans-involve injecting a radioactive material (radiotracer) into a vein. The substance travels through the blood to the bones to help physicians determine cancers or other disorders of the bone.
- Brain Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – with the ability to add spectroscopy for localizing tumor
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) – is an advanced minimally invasive procedure used to obtain lymph node tissue samples without conventional surgery for improved diagnosis and staging of lung cancer.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) – is an important tool in the diagnosis and staging of various cancers and disease processes.
- SuperDimension Bronchoscopy – is an innovative technology that extends the reach of the conventional bronchoscope, providing minimally invasive access to lesions deep in the lungs, as well as the mediastinal lymph nodes.
Experience You Can Trust!
Hoag Lung Cancer Program’s commitment to accurate diagnosis, combined with progressive therapeutic options enables Hoag patients to achieve some of the highest clinical outcomes in the nation.
To learn more about Hoag’s top rated Lung Cancer Program, visit:
- Expertise and Outcomes
- Progressive Treatment Options
- State-of-the-Art Patient-Centered Care
- Innovative Research
- Exceptional Survival Rates
For more about Hoag Lung Cancer Program, or to schedule a second-opinion consultation with a Hoag lung cancer expert, please call 949-722-6237.