About Tse-Ling Fong, M.D.
Tse-Ling Fong, M.D., is Program Director of Hoag’s Liver Program. He has been practicing Hepatology for 30 years and is one of only a few board-certified hepatologists in all of Orange County.
For over 10 years, Dr. Fong served as Medical Director of Keck School of Medicine of USC’s Liver Transplant Program, and as a mentor for numerous physicians-in-training who went on to academic careers. He was previously Associate Medical Director of the Liver Transplantation Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Dr. Fong has received numerous honors and awards throughout his career, including being honored as one of the “Best Doctors in America” for over 10 years consecutively. He has contributed to more than 80 peer-reviewed publications and conducted many grant-supported clinical research studies in chronic liver diseases and liver transplantation.
Dr. Fong completed medical school at the University of Southern California School of Medicine, followed by a residency at LAC/USC Medical Center. He did a fellowship in Hepatology at the USC Liver Unit at Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center in Downey, California and another fellowship in Gastroenterology at LAC/USC Medical Center. He was also a Clinical Associate at the Liver Diseases Section at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Fong is dual board certified in Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology.
Dr. Fong is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and member of the American Society of Transplant Physicians.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Medical Education - University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - LAC-USC Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - LAC-USC Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship - LAC-USC (Hepatology)
- Fellowship - LAC-USC Medical Center (Gastroenterology)
- Hoag Physician Partners
- Hoag Specialty Clinic