Sina M Safahieh, MD
About Dr. Safahieh
Dr. Sina Safahieh is board certified in child, adolescent and adult psychiatry. As program director of ASPIRE at Hoag, a teen outpatient mental health program, he is particularly interested in assisting patients with mood disorders, technology addiction and ADHD.
Dr. Safahieh is also involved with the Teen Brain Program at The Weichman Clinic in Newport Beach and is the NFL team psychiatrist for the Los Angeles Chargers as well as a Major League Baseball certified clinician.
His areas of expertise include: ADHD, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, OCD, schizophrenia and psychotic disorders, eating disorders, oppositional defiant disorder, tics and Tourette’s syndrome, and substance abuse/dependence.
Dr. Safahieh obtained his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch and completed an adult psychiatry residency, and child & adolescent fellowship at University of California Irvine. He graduated with highest honors with a BBA in Business Management from the University of Texas at Austin.
Dr. Safahieh is a member of the American and California Medical Associations, the American and California Psychiatric Associations, and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry among others.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology - Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology - Psychiatry
- Medical Education - University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston (MD, Medical School)
- Internship - UCI Medical Center (MD)
- Residency - UCI Medical Center (MD, Adult Psychiatry)
- Fellowship - UCI Medical Center (Child Psychiatry)