About Dr. Shafer
Dr. Shafer received her Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine from Touro University in Nevada, and spent time training in rural areas of North Carolina. Residency took her to Illinois, where she studied Neurology at Loyola University Medical Center and Edward Hines VA. She then completed a Movement Disorder Fellowship at the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center at Barrow in Arizona.
Following the completion of her training, Dr. Shafer joined the faculty at the University of Utah, working as an instructor, researcher, and Movement Disorder attending.
Having grown up along the coast of Southern California, Dr. Shafer was a student in the UCR/UCLA Biomedical Sciences Program and earned her undergraduate degree at University of California, Riverside, where she studied Biomedical Sciences with an emphasis in medical biology and a minor in Neuroscience.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- American Osteopathic Board of Neurology & Psychiatry - Neurology
- Medical Education - Touro University Nevada (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine)
- Internship - Valley Hospital Medical Center (Osteopathic Internship)
- Residency - Loyola University Medical Center (Neurology)
- Fellowship - Barrow Neurological Institute (Movement Disorder Fellowship)
- Hoag Physician Partners
Area of Focus