About Dr. Lau
Samantha Lau, MD is a board-certified physician in palliative medicine, geriatrics, and internal medicine. She earned her bachelor’s in biological engineering at MIT, before attending Yale where she completed her Doctor of Medicine.
Dr. Lau then moved West for her internal medicine residency at UCLA before returning to the East Coast for her Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine fellowship at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. Prior to coming to Hoag, she practiced as an attending physician and assistant professor at Mount Sinai, training the next generation of geriatricians and palliative medicine physicians.
As part of Hoag’s Palliative Care Department, Dr. Lau is excited to partner with colleagues from various disciplines to ensure patient-centered care that encompasses the complex physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual components of serious illness.
Outside of work, Dr. Lau enjoys exploring the beaches and hiking trails of Orange County with her husband, learning more about other cultures through food and travel, and baking for friends and family.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Geriatric Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Medical Education - Yale University (MD)
- Internship - UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine/UCLA Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine/UCLA Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine)
- Hoag Physician Partners
Area of Focus
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine