About Dr. Blankenbaker
Dr. Richard Blankenbaker graduated from the Medical University of South Carolina in 1991. He completed his Internal Medicine residency and cardiology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine in 1996. He then completed an additional year of Interventional Cardiology training at Emory University in Atlanta, Ga. Dr. Blankenbaker has been in private practice since 1997. His interests include cardiac catheterization, coronary intervention, peripheral vascular disease, and valvular heart disease. Dr. Blankenbaker has participated in several large US clinical trials involving coronary stents. Dr. Blankenbaker has also had extensive experience using the less invasive radial artery catheterization technique.
Dr. Blankenbaker is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and is Board Certified in General Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Medical Education - Medical University of South Carolina (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - UC Irvine Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - UC Irvine Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship - UC Irvine Medical Center (Cardiology)
- Fellowship - Emory University Hospital (Cardiology)
- Hoag Physician Partners
Area of Focus