About Peter V. Chen, M.D.
Peter V. Chen, M.D., earned his Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with high honors and a second Bachelor’s degree in rhetoric with honors and high distinction in general scholarship from the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Chen completed a Master’s degree in biomechanical engineering at Stanford University and a fellowship at the Stanford School of Engineering. He earned his medical degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he also completed an internship in internal medicine at UCLA San Fernando Valley Program and a residency in radiation oncology at UCLA.
Dr. Chen received additional training at UCLA’s comprehensive cancer center, including experience with Stereotactic Radiosurgery/Radiotherapy (Novalis), HDR, CT Simulation and Conformal Therapy (AQSim, Theraplan, ADAC), IMRT, and Prostate Brachytherapy. He was also chief resident before joining Hoag in 2004.
- American Board of Radiology
- Medical Education - University of California, Los Angeles (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - University of California Los Angeles School of Med (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - University of California Los Angeles School of Med (Emergency Medicine)
- Residency - University of California Los Angeles School of Med (Radiology Oncology)
- Hoag Physician Partners