About Dr. Councelbaum
With a focus on remaining healthy at any age, Dr. Councelbaum chose a career in medicine as she enjoys both working with people and the science of the body. She finds her career extremely rewarding as is allows her to help people on a daily basis.
Dr. Councelbaum brings over 25 years of practicing medicine to her role as an internist at Hoag Medical Group. She strongly believes that quality health care requires a team and she actively works with her patients to help them meet their goals. As she states it best, “I encourage all of my patients to stay active and involved in their overall health care. This leads to more successful outcomes and happier patients.”
With a focus on preventative health, Dr. Councelbaum treats adult patients of all ages. She attended medical school at the University of Southern California and completed her residency at LAC-USC Medical Center. Additionally, she is also board certified in geriatrics.
Outside of the office, Dr. Councelbaum enjoys spending time with her husband and family as well as exploring Orange County and traveling.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- Aetna - 7187430
- Anthem - Z64200
- Blue Shield - 100061502007
- Cigna - 121294484
- Scan - 996-137563
- United Healthcare - 0326600029
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Geriatric Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Medical Education - University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - LAC-USC Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - LAC-USC Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Hoag Medical Group
Area of Focus
- Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine