About Lee F. Carter, M.D.
A Cum Laude graduate of the University of California, Irvine, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and the University of California, Irvine College of Medicine. Dr. Carter completed his residency in Internal Medicine and his fellowship in Cardiology at UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange. He also completed a fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at St. Luke’s Hospital’s MidAmerica Heart Institute in Kansas City, Missouri.
Dr. Carter is board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases, and is a member of the American College of Cardiology.
Consistently recognized by his patients as a caring and accessible doctor, he earned the 2011 Patients’ Choice Award and a 2011 Compassionate Doctor Recognition award. Dr. Carter is also currently the Director of Non-Invasive Cardiac Testing at Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, California.
Dr. Carter is active in the community, raising his three sons and living with his wife in Newport Beach. Dr. Carter enjoys the outdoors: hiking, flyfishing, and snow-skiing. He is an avid reader and interested in all aspects of nutrition, health, and well-being.
- Medical Education - University of California, Irvine School of Medicine (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - UC Irvine Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - UC Irvine Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship - UC Irvine Medical Center (Cardiology)
- Fellowship - Saint Luke's Hospital - Kansas City (Cardiology)
- Hoag Physician Partners