About Lauralyn R. Markle, M.D.
Dr. Lauralyn Markle joined Hoag Breast Center in fall of 2014. She has 20 years of experience as a dedicated Breast Imager specializing in early diagnosis with extensive experience with newer technologies including Breast Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography) and whole breast ultrasound.
She previously practiced in South Orange County from 1994-2008 where she served as Medical Director of Memorial Care Breast Center and Assistant Clinical Professor of Radiology at UC Irvine before moving to Texas in 2008.
Dr. Markle has been lead investigator and authored several breast research studies as well as having received several awards including Excellence in Healthcare Award, ABC-Ch7 and Soroptimist International “Women Helping Women” Award. She is a member of Society of Breast Imaging, Radiologic Society of North America, American Society of Breast Disease and National Consortium of Breast Centers.
- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical Education - University of California, Irvine School of Medicine (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - Saint Mary Medical Center-Long Beach (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - UC Irvine Medical Center (Radiology)
- Fellowship - Long Beach Medical Center (Breast Imaging)