Keyvan Esmaeili, MD
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
About Dr. Esmaeili
Dr. Esmaeili is the Medical Director at the Fudge Family Acute Rehabilitation Center. He started his health care journey as an ER Tech, then a Registered Nurse and later a Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician. From 2002 -2018 he served as Medical Director of the Rehabilitation Institute at Palomar Health in San Diego county, CA. His decision to specialize in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation is a result of his medical rotation on a Spinal Cord Injury unit. Dr. Esmaeili grew up admiring Albert Schweitzer who was a missionary physician, humanitarian, theologian and Noble Peace Prize winner. One of Albert Schweitzer’s quotes reflects Dr. Esmaeili thinking: “Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
An important aspect of Dr. Esmaeili’s leadership is the understanding of the team, and supporting nursing, therapy, social work and support staff to achieve quality patient care. He understands the challenges and contributions of every discipline in a rehabilitation team. He works with staff members to influence and enhance their skills and knowledge, supporting them to work at their full potential.
Dr. Esmaeili believes every patient has the potential to improve and move closer to functional and cognitive independence.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accepted.
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Brain Injury Medicine
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Medical Education - American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
- Internship - Temple University School of Medicine (Transitional)
- Residency - University of California Irvine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)