Jorge M. Castellanos, M.D.
Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
Accepting new patients
Primary Office(949) 881-7883 (949) 258-5368
About Dr. Castellanos
Dr. Castellanos received his Bachelor’s Degree from Stanford University in 2001 and graduated from Harvard Medical School in 2007. He then completed his Internal Medicine Residency at the University of California, San Francisco in 2010 followed by his Cardiology Fellowship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles in 2013. He continued on staff at Cedars-Sinai to complete a Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology participating in over 250 transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedures, known as “TAVR”. In addition, Castellanos is trained in numerous other catheter based procedures such as complex coronary interventions, transcatheter mitral valve repair using the “MitraClip” (“TMVR”) and in use of the left atrial appendage occlusion device known as the “Watchman”. The “Watchman” device was recently granted FDA approval as a method of preventing strokes in certain patients with chronic atrial fibrillation.
Dr. Castellanos joined Newport Heart and the medical staff at Hoag in August 2014. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Interventional Cardiology, Echocardiography, Nuclear Medicine and Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Medical Education - Harvard Medical School (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - University of CA San Francisco (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - University of CA San Francisco (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Cardiology)
- Fellowship - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Interventional Cardiology)
- Hoag Physician Partners
Area of Focus
- Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology