About Burton L. Eisenberg, M.D.
Dr. Eisenberg was co-recruited by Hoag and USC Keck School of Medicine in 2013 as the Executive Medical Director over Hoag Family Cancer Institute. He is a full faculty member in the Department of Surgery at Keck, and spends his time at Hoag Family Cancer Institute, with his main office located at the Newport Beach campus, within the Patty & George Hoag Cancer Center. Dr. Eisenberg is responsible for the strategic planning and partnership between Hoag and USC, continuing the development of a world-class cancer program for our community extending throughout Orange County. In addition, he provides oversight over our site-specific cancer programs and the operation of the Hoag Family Cancer Institute, as well as any future cancer sites for Hoag.
- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- Medical Education - University of Tennessee - Memphis (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - USAF Medical Center Wilford Hall (General Surgery)
- Residency - USAF Medical Center Wilford Hall (General Surgery)
- Fellowship - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (Surgical Oncology)