About Brian M. Chesnie, M.D.
Dr. Chesnie, a board certified cardiologist and lipidologist in Newport Beach, has provided excellence of care and compassion to the patients of Orange County for over 30 years. He is on staff at Hoag Memorial Hospital-Newport Beach.
He has been the Chairman of the Department of Cardiology at Hoag Memorial Hospital for from 2006-2016 and sits on numerous advisory committees. In addition, he is also the CEO of Orange County Cardiovascular MSO (management services organization), which is a group of 27 cardiologists working in collaboration with Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach to provide excellence of cardiovascular care to the community.
His practice is a solo practice, which is truly a treasure in this era of large group environments.
Dr. Chesnie is a University of Toronto and Harvard trained cardiologist with board certifications from the Royal College of Physicians of Canada as well as the American College of Physicians.
He was a fellow to Dr. Bernard Lown at Harvard School of Public Health.
He established the electrophysiology programs in several Orange County Hospitals, and therefore has a deep understanding of managing arrhythmias. He did the first ablation procedure in Orange County and introduced the implantable defibrillator to this area. He was the founding Medical Director of electrophysiology at Hoag Hospital.
In addition, he is also a board certified lipidologist and works with patients on coronary risk assessment and heart disease prevention. Dr. Chesnie has also become increasingly interested in the aging process and how to live as well as possible within this process. After extensive study, he has passed Certification in BioIdentical Hormone Optimization/Replacement Therapy.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Medical Education - McMaster University School of Medicine (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - Toronto General Hospital (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - Toronto General Hospital (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - Sunnybrook Medical Center (Cardiology)
- Residency - Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto (Cardiology)
- Fellowship - Harvard University School of Public Health (Cardiology)
- Hoag Physician Partners