Diane Eadie, R.N., B.S.N.
- GI Nurse Navigator
Clinical Nurse Navigators are a unique asset at Hoag. As a Clinical Nurse Navigator for Hoag’s Colorectal Cancer Program, Diane serves as a guide for patients, answering questions, providing education, identifying social resources to overcome any barriers to care and providing support through each phase of treatment and recovery.
As the Gastrointestinal Cancer Clinical Nurse Navigator, Diane provides:
- Emotional support and guidance for the newly diagnosed colorectal cancer patient and their family
- Education for patients and family members about colorectal cancer
- Information about community resources and Hoag support services
- Help in coordinating the patient’s multidisciplinary care plan
- Assistance in navigating the healthcare system during and after treatment