Clean Breeze Smoothie
Yield: 3 9oz serving
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 2 ripe kiwis, peeled
- 1 cup ginger-flavored kombucha (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 ice cubes
Combine cucumber, kiwis, kombucha, yogurt, cilantro and ice cubes in blender;
blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Look for kombucha tea near other refrigerated teas in natural foods stores
and well-stocked supermarkets. Kombucha is available in many different
flavors—for this smoothie we like the taste of ginger kombucha the best.
Yield: 2 8oz serving
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled papaya
- 1/4 cup guava nectar, (see Ingredient Note)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine, (see Ingredient Note)
- 1/2 cup ice
Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse three times
to chop the fruit, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Grenadine is a red syrup (originally flavored with pomegranate juice) used
to color and flavor drinks. Look for it in the bar-mix section of your
- Guava nectar is available in most markets, with the juices or in the Latin
Banana Spice Smoothie
Yield: 4 8oz servings
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups vanilla kefir (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 12 ice cubes
Combine kefir, bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ice cubes in a
blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Kefir is a drinkable yogurt found in the dairy section of most supermarkets,
it supplies a healthy amount of protein and calcium and good-for-you probiotics.