The American Diabetes Association estimates that more than 20 million Americans
live with diabetes and over 40 million Americans have pre- diabetes, which
can oftentimes be prevented through a healthy lifestyle combination of
diet, exercise and weight management.
Offering comprehensive services for adults and children with diabetes,
including physician specialty services in endocrinology, ophthalmology
and podiatry, the Allen Diabetes Center at Hoag offers educational and
support services designed specifically to meet the needs of patients with
diabetes and their families through prevention, early detection, prompt
care, education and support.
- Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME)*: Participants learn to live
successfully with diabetes, avoid complications and have a healthy life.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy*: Nutrition education and support
- Sweet Success Program*: Provides support and education for women who develop
or have diabetes while they are pregnant. The Ueberroth Program for Women
and Diabetes expands Sweet Success to provide care for more mothers, including
women who speak only Spanish.
- Pump and Insulin Management*: Certified pump trainers educate, start and
help the patient manage insulin pumps. Initiation, education and management
of Insulin therapy services is also available.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Sensor Instruction*: Training for all major
continuous glucose monitoring sensors (CGMS).
- Physician Specialty Services*: Consulting physician services in Ophthalmology,
Endocrinology and Podiatry.
- The Herbert Family Program: The Herbert Family Program focuses on meeting
the unique needs of young adults ages 18-30 with type 1 diabetes.
- Pediatric Diabetes Services: In collaboration with CHOC Children’s
(CHOC) the Allen Diabetes Center offers pediatric endocrinology care,
education and support services for children with diabetes and their families.
The Allen Diabetes Center is supported by philanthropy, and is committed
to community outreach and programs that provide care to the underserved
including seniors, children and Spanish-speaking residents.
The Mary and Dick Allen Diabetes Center is located atHoag Health Center-
Newport Beach?, at 520 Superior Avenue, Suite 150, Newport Beach, CA, 92663.
For information, please call 949-764-8065 or visit
*Physician referral is required?