For Patients with Prediabetes
Lose Weight. Prevent Diabetes.
The Mary and Dick Allen Diabetes Center offers team-centered, integrating personalized nutrition, exercise, and behavioral change plans for people with prediabetes.
- Education sessions focused on strategies to gain control over the disease with medication, monitoring, diet and exercise
- Diabetes Self-Management Education & Support (DSMES)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- Nutrition and fitness recommendations to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle
- Ongoing support from a health coach
- Weight loss support
Take this quiz to see if you qualify for this program. Yes = 1, No = 0.
- Have you been told you have pre-diabetes?
- Have you been told you are overweight or obese?
- Do you have a family history of diabetes?
- If you are a woman, have you ever been diagnosed with gestational diabetes?
Your total score: ______
If you scored 2 or higher, you may be at an increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes, also known as prediabetes.
If you are interested in participating in this program please talk to your primary care provider or call the Mary & Dick Allen Diabetes Center at 949-764-8065.