What to pack in your hospital bag?
What To Pack
Packing your hospital bag is an exciting and important part of preparing for your labor and delivery. Use the below information as a helpful start to organize your bag, so you are ready for your hospital stay and baby’s arrival.
- Medical insurance card
- List of medications and allergies
- Any forms or paperwork your physician requested that you bring with you
- Birth plan and any comfort items you may have as part of your plan
- Cell phone and charger
- Comfortable clothes and footwear
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Your favorite hair and hygiene products
- Small speaker/headphones
- Computer and iPad/tablet
- Reusable water bottle
- Colored pillowcase if bringing a personal pillow
- Outfit and receiving blanket to go home in
- Car seat (installed in vehicle)
- Extra clothing, snacks, cash and other personal items they may need during your stay.
What Is Provided
- While in the hospital, you will be provided with a gown, necessary medications and hygiene/comfort supplies.
- While in the hospital, Hoag will provide your baby with diapers, wipes, blankets and a t-shirt. If you choose to feed your baby formula, we will provide enough formula to feed your baby while in the hospital.