About Vivek A. Mehta, MD
Dr. Vik Mehta is a fellowship trained neurosurgeon specializing in the surgical treatment of complex brain tumors. His area of expertise is the treatment of tumors and other conditions causing seizures as well as brain mapping during surgery to treat tumors in eloquent areas of the brain. He also performs minimally invasive laser ablation of deep and difficult to reach brain lesions. He has lectured nationally and internationally on topics in advanced technology in neurosurgery. In collaboration with the Hoag neuro-oncology team, he is also active in the latest clinical trials for the treatment of primary and metastatic brain tumors.
Dr. Mehta received his medical degree from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine with Alpha Omega Alpha honors at the top of his class. He completed neurosurgery residency and fellowship at USC. He is a member of the USC Epilepsy Care Consortium and serves on the Professional Advisory Board of the Epilepsy Foundation of Orange County. He is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Southern California.
- American Board of Neurological Surgery - Neurological Surgery
- Medical Education - The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Medicine)
- Internship - University of Southern California (Neurosurgery)
- Fellowship - University of Southern California (Stereotactic and Epilepsy Surgery)
- Residency - University of Southern California (Neurosurgery)
- Hoag Physician Partners