About Dr. Carroll
R. Matthew Carroll, M.D., is a board-certified hematologist/oncologist for the Hoag Family Cancer Institute. With more than 18 years of experience, Dr. Carroll treats a broad range of disorders with a special interest in breast cancer and hematologic malignancies. Dr. Carroll practices in the Hoag Family Cancer Center’s Newport Beach location.
Dr. Carroll attended Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. He completed an internship in internal medicine at University of Utah Hospital and his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in hematology/oncology at Harbor – UCLA Medical Center.
Dr. Carroll is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Hematology and Medical Oncology. During his tenure at Hoag, he has served on the Cancer Committee, on the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and as Chairman of his department.
Dr. Carroll is uncompromising in his dedication to the well-being of his patients. In his spare time, Dr. Carroll enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, traveling and playing bass guitar in an alternative rock band.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Medical Education - Hahnemann University College of Medicine (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - University of UT Hospital & Clinics (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - University of California Los Angeles School of Med (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship - Harbor-UCLA Medical Center (Hematology/Oncology)
- Hoag Physician Partners
- Hoag Specialty Clinic
Area of Focus