About John V. Brown, MD
John V. Brown, MD, FACOG, FACS, has been on staff at Hoag Hospital since 1990. He is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as gynecologic oncology. Dr. Brown completed a fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at UCLA after a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Washington and attended medical school at the University of Kansas.
As co-director of Gynecologic Oncology and chair of the Robotics Committee at Hoag, Dr. Brown has been performing robotic procedures since 2006. He is committed to minimally invasive procedures and has extensive experience in robotic surgery for early cancers of the ovary as well as endometrial and cervical tumors. Dr. Brown is an AAGL Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) designee.
Dr. Brown is a former Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at both the University of California, Los Angeles, and at the University of Southern California. He has been the author or co-author on many publications and has spoken at national medical meetings regarding the benefits of robotic surgery. Dr. Brown is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American College of Surgeons.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology - Gynecologic Oncology
- Medical Education - University of Kansas Medical School (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - University of Washington Medical Center (Obstetrics/Gynecology)
- Residency - University of Washington Medical Center (Obstetrics/Gynecology)
- Fellowship - University of California Los Angeles School of Med (Gynecological Oncology)
- Hoag Physician Partners
- Hoag Specialty Clinic
- Hoag Gyencologic Oncology