Jennifer L. Birkhauser, MD
About Dr. Birkhauser
Being a mother of three young boys has instilled in Dr. Birkhauser a strong desire to keep children as healthy as possible by emphasizing preventive medicine.
“Sick kids break my heart, so my goal is to work as a team with parents to get children healthy and keep them that way,” says Dr. Birkhauser, who is excited to be a part of Hoag Medical Group. She hopes to become an educational resource for parents on a wide variety of medical and childrearing topics. “I treat my patients as I would want my own children to be treated,” she says.
Prior to joining Hoag Medical Group, Dr. Birkhauser was the Chief Resident of Pediatrics at UCI Medical Center. She earned her medical degree from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago, IL. Her other work experience includes editing and writing on a variety medical topics for online and printed publications.
When she’s not taking care of her young sons and patients, Dr. Birkhauser enjoys cooking, mystery novels, and classic rock music.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accpeted.
- Aetna - 9892708
- Anthem - Z64176
- Blue Shield - 100143301014
- Cigna - 173215687
- United Healthcare - 0326600042
- American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
- Medical Education - Rosalind Franklin (Chicago) Medical School (Medical Doctor)
- Internship - UC Irvine Medical Center (Pediatrics)
- Residency - UC Irvine Medical Center (Pediatrics)
- Residency - University of California (Irvine)/Children's Hospital of Orange County (Chief Resident)
- Hoag Medical Group
Area of Focus