Javier A. Longoria, MD
About Dr. Longoria
Dr. Javier Longoria is a triple board-certified interventional pulmonologist at Hoag Family Cancer Institute. He works alongside a team of experts who specialize in oncology and thoracic surgery to provide highly skilled interventional pulmonary care management to cancer patients.
Dr. Longoria’s expertise in robotic and minimally-invasive approaches to lung biopsy, malignant and benign central airway disorders and pleural disease further expands Hoag Family Cancer Institute’s comprehensive cancer treatment options for patients.
Dr. Longoria attended medical school at Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine. He completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship training in both interventional pulmonology and pulmonary and critical care medicine at University of California, Irvine. He is board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine and critical care medicine.
Prior to joining Hoag, Dr. Longoria was the director of interventional pulmonology and was an Associate Professor of Medicine within the University of California, Irvine’s Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. He is a published researcher and presenter and a member of several professional organizations including the American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer and the American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
Originally from South Texas, Dr. Longoria now calls San Clemente home. In his free time, he enjoys watching college football and professional soccer and spending time with his two young daughters.
Check to see if your insurance is accepted by this health care provider.
Please contact your insurance provider to confirm if your health plan is accepted.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- Medical Education - Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine (MD)
- Internship - University of California Irvine (Internal Medicine)
- Residency - University of California Irvine (Internal Medicine)
- Fellowship - University of California Irvine (Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship)
- Fellowship - University of California Irvine (Interventional Pulmonology)
- Hoag Physician Partners
- Hoag Specialty Clinic
Area of Focus