Young Adults and Diabetes
The Herbert The Herbert Family Program for Young Adults with T1D
The program focuses on meeting the unique needs of young adults with T1D (ages 18-30). It addresses the financial, psychological, social and physical aspects of type 1 diabetes that challenge not only the patient but also their family and support networks.
- Social opportunities to meet and interact with others who have type 1 diabetes
- Peer support groups
- Individual and group counseling following consultation
- Insurance and community resource information
- Diabetes education including diabetes self-management education, meter pump and sensor training and management and medical nutrition therapy
- Preconception, pregnancy, and post-natal counseling and education
If you are interested in the Herbert Family Program and/or our events please also visit us on Facebook.