Benefits of Gynecologic Robotic Surgery
The combination of technological advancements and significantly smaller
incisions made by robotic -assisted surgery can provide numerous benefits
to patients when compared to open procedures. These may include:
- Less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Smaller incisions
- Fewer complications
- Less blood loss
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to normal activities
Robotic-assisted surgery is also beneficial for obese and morbidly obese
women who may be at higher risk for post-surgical complications.
Advantages of Hoag's Gynecologic Robotic Surgery Program
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery for a comprehensive array of gynecologic
conditions, Hoag remains at the forefront of this evolving technology.
These are just a few of the advantages that Hoag's comprehensive gynecologic
robotic surgery program provides to patients and their families:
- Spacious, private rooms, including comfortable accommodations for a family
member to stay with the patient overnight
- Magnet-certified nursing team specially trained in caring for gynecologic
- Dedicated robotic surgery OR team, certified in robotic surgical assistance
- Board-certified multidisciplinary team of gynecologists and subspecialists
in gynecology, including urogynecology, gynecologic oncology and reproductive
- Educational classes that help patients prepare for and recover from surgery
- Standardized care, focused best practices in patient-centered care
- Advanced around-the-clock care through Hoag's team of hospitalists,
intensivists and rapid response team
For gynecologic cancer patients, streamlined access to Hoag Family Cancer
Institute's team of cancer care experts, including a comprehensive array of
oncology support services.
- Quality and Outcomes
Hoag’s Gynecologic Robotic Surgery Team is committed to providing
the highest quality care tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
Our goal is to not only help our patients achieve a safe, successful surgery,
but to also preserve or improve their quality of life.
The expertise of our high-volume robotic surgical team translates to improved
outcomes and a quicker return to daily activities:
- At Hoag, the average length of stay for a robotic surgical patient is less
than 36 hours with 90 percent of patients discharged within 24 hours for
gynecologic, gynecologic oncology and urogynecologic conditions.
- In addition, more than 70 percent of patients only require over-the-counter
pain medication for the first 72 hours following robotic-assisted surgery,
with reports of no pain medication needed following that time period.
- The majority of patients are able to return to everyday activities such
as driving, working, exercising within 1 week and intimacy within 6 weeks
Hoag’s commitment to continually measuring and improving patient
outcomes is central to our mission of providing the highest quality health
care to the communities we serve. It is for this reason and many more
that women seeking state-of-the-art gynecologic care choose Hoag.
To learn more about how to access robotic-assisted gynecologic surgery
at Hoag call 877-827-6684.